Air & Space Museum
A rare moment with Colin standing still...this was just after we watched the fighter pilot movie in the Lockheed Martin IMAX theater...figured we should see where the money is going since its def not going to the LM medical benefits.
The ruby slippers
Navigating the snow banks
Georgetown Cupcakes -- I bribed them with ice cream yesterday but then found this place instead...we will be back.
At the White House -- I did not capture Colin hanging on the fence crying to get in.
The what at the Natural History Museum
This city is still struggling with snow removal -- people have to scale these snow banks to cross the streets and noone seems to have snow boots.
The mall is one big ice field.
Something about watching the Olympics while sitting in the DC metro area makes my heart swell with national pride. Granted, the Canadians have much cooler and cheaper olympic gear -- can you believe they want $75 for the freakin' US moose hat -- but everytime I see someone on tv waving a US flag, I get a little teary. And yesterday, as I walked by the NTA, FDA, and Dept of Commerce, I had this feeling of pride. (No political jokes, please) Here we are in the heart of government. I've been to DC many, many times but it must be something about being here with the kids and Molly's running commentary that has awoken this pride and wonder...now if only I could pelt a few politicians with snow balls, life would really be good.



No comments:
Post a Comment