Last night I tried to get the fam to reflect on what they were thankful. Here's how the conversation went.
Me: "I think we should all share something we are thankful for."
Molly: "We already did that."
Colin: "Yeah, we already did that."
Molly: "Stop copying me. Okay, I'll do it."
Colin: "Okay, I'll do it."
Molly: "I'm thankful for the earth and my family and friends and the trees."
Colin: "I'm thankful for cheese."
Molly: "I said trees, not cheese."
Dave: "Yeast."
Me: "Yeast?"
Dave: "Yes, yeast. All of the good things require yeast...beer, bread, wine."
Colin: "I'm thankful for my cousins....chrisnhoney (aka Chris and Honey, aka Chris and Jen). I love my cousins.
So then my heart was melting so I never did get around to say anything.
But in case you are wondering, I am thankful for strangers. The woman who called me from Pittsburgh to let me know I accidently sent a card with a check in it to her house instead of my aunt's house. She was so concerned she wanted to send it back registered mail. What a wonderful woman. We spoke for 20 minutes on the phone. Her kindness made up for all of the rudeness I experienced on Black Friday. There is still kindness in this world.
But in case you are wondering, I am thankful for strangers. The woman who called me from Pittsburgh to let me know I accidently sent a card with a check in it to her house instead of my aunt's house. She was so concerned she wanted to send it back registered mail. What a wonderful woman. We spoke for 20 minutes on the phone. Her kindness made up for all of the rudeness I experienced on Black Friday. There is still kindness in this world.



I'm thankful you're back blogging! I've missed your words and stories. Love the new theme!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Elizabeth!
ReplyDeleteI missed your blogging as well! I am thankful to have entertainment when I am bored at work via your blog! :-) Cara
ReplyDelete